• Music

Coachella Schedule

As expected, the Coachella schedule was released today. Time for us all to begin our fretting and planning. As I mentioned, it’s useless for me to actually make any plans. But it’s important to go over these and pick out the conflicts. Right off the bat, I’ve got a biggie. On Saturday. And I knew it was gonna happen.

Coachella Friday

There’s a lot of good stuff on Friday, not the least of which would be The National, Battles, Les Savy Fav, The Breeders, Sandra Collins, Dan le Sac & Scroobius Pip, Vampire Weekend (I suppose), Aphex Twin, The Swell Season and Goldfrapp, to name a few. The only real conflict I see is between Battles and Les Savy Fav, both of whom I really want to check out. I think Battles will win that one. Jens Lekman could be fun as well. But if I’m going to catch both Sandra Collins (who spins a mean set of prog house) and Goldfrapp, I may have to give Mssrs. Pip and le Sac the boot. My cousin Anna will kill me.

Coachella Saturday
Saturday’s conflict is a killer. Portishead vs. the Sasha/Digweed combo. I already know which will win, but even though I’ve seen Sasha & Digweed numerous times, I can’t justify missing the former. There’s just no way. Earlier there are a couple must-sees in St. Vincent and Carbon/Silicon. The later one-two punch of Junkie XL and M.I.A. might keep me rooted in the Sahara tent until the mass migration to Portishead. And then the counter-programming of Calvin Harris, Yelle and Enter Shikari up against Prince pretty much guarantees pandemonium at the main stage. I’ll report back on that.

Coachella Sunday
There’s a lot to like about Sunday, with the Plasticines, I’m From Barcelona, Stars, The Shout Out Louds, Austin TV, Autolux, Metric, Danny Tenaglia, Sons & Daughters, My Morning Jacket, Deadmau5 and of course, Roger Waters. No conflicts anywhere. I want to see most of those acts, but none in particular, though for this aging 80’s kid, Mr. Waters is a must-see. I’ll be there. If I have the strength afterwards to drag myself to the Sahara tent to catch Justice, I’ll finish off with them, but it seems like a long shot.


  1. Posted April 24, 2008 at 9:18 pm | [link]

    I haven’t heard of maybe 75% of that stuff and know I hate the other 25%. Dwight Yoakum looks like he’s your best bet. Just making life easier for you. What the fuck is Sean Penn going to do, play an acoustic guitar? That would be worth seeing.

    Boyhowdee, that Iron Man trailer looks sweet! CGI is real good at capturing the realism of superpowered robot creatures.

    Sorry, was distracted by the tv. Anyway, my suggestion is to sale your ticket and buy me some beer with your earnings.

  2. Posted April 24, 2008 at 9:37 pm | [link]

    Sean Penn has a 15 minute set, which means he’s gonna talk about the environment.

    And your offer of drinking my ticket sale profits is just sooo tempting. What if I just buy you a Rush ticket instead?

  3. Posted April 25, 2008 at 4:58 pm | [link]

    Will you buy me my weight in Coors if I go? I’ll even wear a half-shirt and carry a Goody comb in my backpocket.

    I just bet Sean Penn has some nasty things to say about our beloved President.

Post a Comment

Your email is never published nor shared. Required fields are marked *